Eligibility for admission:
- Only female candidates are eligible.
- Candidates for admission on the B.Sc degree course in Nursing (Basic) should have passed at the qualifying examination after a period of 12 years of study like Higher Secondary School Certificate or Pre degree examination with Physics Chemistry & Biology or Botany / Zoology.
- Individual pass in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany / Zoology (Both theory and Practical) & English and with a minimum of 45% aggregate mark in Physics, Chemistry, Biology is mandatory. For SC/ ST and other backward class 40% aggregate mark in Physics, Chemistry, Biology is mandatory
- For candidates belong SC/ST or other backward class the mark obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology taken to the qualifying examination.
- A Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should be completed on or before 31 st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates should be medically fit and produce medical fitness certificate and blood group certificate.
- Candidates who have passed any other qualifying examination other than the Higher Secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, Shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai -32.
- Candidates from states other than Tamilnadu should produce the migration Certificate.
A requisition letter for the prospectus & application from should be made to the Chairman, Nehru Nursing College, Vallioor, along with a DD for Rs. 400/- drawn in favour of Nehru Nursing College, payable at Vallioor.
- The application from is to be filled by the applicant in her own handwriting.
- The application from should be duly flied and all necessary certificate should be accompanied, failing which the application will not be considered.
- All information given in the application form should be correct. Any false information in the application form would be a disqualification. If any such information comes to notice during the course, she would be liable to be terminated.
- Selection of candidates will be done on merit basis. Selection are through government quota and management quota. For government quota student the application selection through DME Chennai – 10.
- The selection committee office of the director of Medical Education Chennai -10 decision on selection of candidates will be individually intimated about the date on interview and the course commencement date.
- Admission granted is provisional subjected to the following conditions:
- The payment of all fees to the institution
- Submission of eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University in case of candidates from states other than Tamil Nadu.
- Submission of all certificates and testimonials in original requirement.
- Medical fitness clearance.
Description of B.Sc (Nursing ) Programme:
The programme of study leads to a B.Sc (Nursing) degree offered by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G,R. Medical University, Chennai, Which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and Tamil Nadu Nurses & Midwives Council, Chennai.
Students who qualify for this programme are required to have demonstrated a high scholastic ability in their previous educational experience. A high level of personal ,motivation, regular study habits, high level of maturity, commitment & dedication are also desirable: if the students are to maintain satisfactory progress throughout the nursing programme.
This programme consists of necessary clinical experience in all clinical areas and community field integrated with theoretical instruction, which is required for the University degree. Students are expected to maintain a high quality of work in all aspects on nursing. Graduates of this programme with this advanced clinical experience can rapidly move into leadership & supervisory position in teaching & practices. The purpose of the degree programme is to enable the students to get a broader vision of nursing based on scientific principles & extensive clinical experience. This programme provides the necessary basic foundation for postgraduate & doctoral studies in nursing.
The curriculum & syllabus for the course shall be prescribed by the university from time to time.
Duration of the Course:
The duration of the course will be four academic years comprising of integrated practice.
Commencement of the course:
The course will commence from 1 st August of the academic year.
Medium of Instruction:
English shall be the medium of institution both for study & Examinations.
The attendance required for the admission to the examination is 90% in each subject in theory & 100% in each practical area. Lack of attendance in anyone subject will be a disqualification for the entire examination.
This assessment includes the assignments, student presentation, class performance, discipline and also the average of the internal review tests & sessional exams, which are conducted during the academic year in the class.
Mark required for Pass:
40% of mark in English, 50% of mark in all subject including theory & practical in both internal & external examination is required for a pass.
Classification of successful Candidates
Students who score not less than 75% in any subject will get distinction provided they pass the whole examination in the first attempt. Students those who pass the examination in all the subjects at the first appearance obtaining not less than 60% of the aggregate mark get first class.
All the other successful candidates will be qualified as second class.
Carry over of failed subjects:
A candidate has to pass in theory & practical examination separately in each of the paper.
A Candidate failing in one or two subjects during the 3rd year examination will not be promoted to the fourth year. So the candidate will become six months delayed than the usual batch.